SPEND THREE LIFE-CHANGING DAYS
LEARNING TO TRANSFORM LIVES,
AND LEAVE YOUR MARK ON THE WORLD...
The Coach Training Intensive (CTI)
A 3-Day Accelerated, Positive Psychology-Based Program that Teaches You the Skills to Become a Highly Effective Personal Coach, Build a Profitable Coaching Practice, and Transform Lives Using Research-Backed Methods.
Embassy Suites – Atlanta Buckhead
"While coaching hundreds of high-achievers in a dozen countries around the world, I have spent almost 15 years studying, testing and refining what it takes to be a catalyst for personal growth and major breakthroughs – and I developed a replicable process for coaching people from where they are to where they have the potential to be."
– Valorie Burton, Founder, The Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute
Do you love inspiring and equipping people to reach their goals?
Do you sometimes think, “I’ve been coaching all my life. I should get paid for it?”
Do you want to leverage your years of professional experience in a way that makes an impact?
Are you intrigued by the idea of coaching, but still trying to figure out how to be highly effective at it?
The Coach Training Intensive is 8 rich training modules taught over three days that give you a structure to create powerful coaching sessions that facilitate real change, “aha” moments, accountability and get meaningful results every time you coach. You will quickly develop the confidence and knowledge to coach clients, team members, staff and others to the results they need in the face of their biggest challenges and opportunities.
"The CaPP Institute’s ACERA coaching model is so powerful, we use it in our coaching program at the nation’s largest public university, Arizona State University. In more than 5,000 coaching sessions per semester, our 80 peer coaches are getting amazing results that increase student retention and success among first year students."
– Marisel Herrera, M.ED. Director, Arizona State University, First-Year Success Center, CaPP Institute Graduate
What You Get:
- 22 Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Key knowledge from applied positive psychology and the insight to use positive psychology tools to create a more powerful coaching experience
- The CaPP Institute’s 187-page information-packed packed workbook that you’ll take with you and use for years to come as you coach others to their potential
- The CaPP Institute’s 49-page Business Development Workbook, which will become your blueprint for launching (or re-launching if you are already a coach) your coaching practice as we guide you through all of the key steps to building a successful practice on Day Three of the Coach Training Intensive. (If you are coaching within an organization and will not be launching a business, you can register for just the first two days of CTI!)
- Downloadable and hard copies of Valorie Burton’s actual coaching forms, welcome letters, coaching agreements, policies and procedures, checklists and cheat seats to help you get started right away without the hassle of trying to reinvent the wheel. This “swipe copy” will save you hours of time you would otherwise have to dedicate to writing the content of your onboarding materials. We share our tools and you can simply edit and adjust them to meet your needs! No need to reinvent the wheel.
- A Proven Curriculum of Eight Packed Modules over Three Days:
- Module 1: The Critical Skills of a Highly Effective Coach You will begin training by gaining a strong foundational understanding of the THREE CRITICAL SKILLS necessary for an effective coaching sessions that gets results. Begin with these and you’ll be well on your way to becoming a highly-effective, sought after coach. These are the skills that many coaches miss early on and as a result, they struggle to help clients get the results they need. We begin our training on a powerful note, establishing a strong foundation for your growth as a developer of people and conduit for success.
- Module 2: The Structure of a Coaching Session We demystify the process of a powerful coaching session by giving you a structure you will use to conduct each and every session. This simple, yet powerful method will act as an invisible hand in each coaching session, guiding your communication and creating a safe, strong space for your client to get clarity, solutions and move to action to see real results immediately. This one module has transformed the results of even the most highly experienced coaches who have come to us for training. For brand new coaches, it means a strong foundation on which to build your coaching expertise.
- Module 3: The Elements of Well-Being This model is your introduction to applied positive psychology. You will learn the research-based six elements of well-being and how they will boost your and your clients’ ability to overcome challenges, reach goals faster and build higher levels of happiness. You’ll learn the reason why positive psychology is a superb underpinning for your work as a coach – empowering you to transform your own life while simultaneously equipping you to help others transform theirs. Extracting the most relevant research about productivity, happiness and well-being, we help you understand key principles that will help you coach your clients with the background knowledge that will distinguish you as a coach.
- Module 4: Direct Communication The most successful coaches are brilliant and courageous communicators who build trust with clients and help them break through blocks. We teach you the 8 distinctive listening traits that will give you key information that shapes the powerful questions essential to any transformative coaching conversation. You will learn 7 consistent behaviors that build trust and perhaps most importantly, we will share the one, irrefutable habit every successful coach practices without fail – and it is the habit that invokes fear in every coach and is most likely to sabotage your success as a coach. We’ll show you how to overcome that fear so you can break through to a level of coaching that most never attain.
- Module 5: Character Strengths in Action You will learn the six categories of universally-celebrated strengths, identify your own signature strengths and how you can leverage them to pinpoint and fulfill your unique purpose. And we will show you the keys to identifying strengths in others and using them to help clients create unique solutions that accelerate their results.
- Module 6: Coaching for Resilience At the heart of the necessity for coaching is a need for resilience in the face of life’s biggest opportunities and challenges. When faced with opportunity, will you step up or sit back? When faced with a setback, will you get up or give up? Successful people think differently. They have a level of psychological toughness and resilience that enables them to see a vision and seize, persevere, make adjustments and build supportive, reciprocal relationships that enhance their biggest dreams and goals. But how exactly do they think differently? In this module, you will learn to build the unique kind of self-awareness that dramatically increases resilience – and you will learn the THREE CRITICAL PIECES OF INFORMATION that are foundational for building resilience. We will deconstruct the steps to “think differently” and show you how to apply those steps at pivotal moments in a coaching session.
- Module 7: Action and Accountability What makes coaching work is that it moves a person to action. Forward movement and the added accountability of a skilled coach is a powerful combination. You will learn the key phrases, TOOLS and insights to inspire action and create the consistent accountability that makes you a tremendously valuable asset to any client.
- Module 8: Business Development Day It is essential to have strong coaching skills, but it is also important to have a plan in place to land great clients consistently. At the CaPP Institute, we teach you to do that. The entire third day of the Coach Training Intensive is a powerful, interactive business development workshop in which you will create a proven tactical, strategic plan of action for building your coaching practice. We will guide you step by step using the five building blocks of business development and leaving no questions unanswered. You will walk away with a written plan and the inspiration and tools to implement it.
"I received my coaching certification from the CaPP Institute. Do I recommend it? 100%! Is it challenging? 100%! Is it worth it? I exceeded the cost of my tuition in earnings before I even graduated. The research-based techniques I learned, confidence I gained, and business development components were a winning combination. Valorie Burton’s organization delivers with excellence, integrity, and deep commitment to helping people reach their potential."
– Genette Howard, CaPP Graduate
What You Will Accomplish in Just Three Short Days:
- Earn a Certificate in Personal Development Coaching from a highly-respected, positive psychology-based coach training program that has been reviewed and approved for Continuing Coaching Education (CCE) units and Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) by the world’s largest professional coaching association, the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Actively coach individuals in a cohort of your peers during our live coaching labs using the CaPP Institute’s ACERA coaching model, which gives you a structure to coach with ease and help clients gain clarity and move forward in powerful ways. This course isn’t theory. It is a hands-on workshop and you begin coaching on the first day!
- Eliminate anxiety about what to say and do next to build the confidence to always know how to guide a coaching session in a way that builds trust, creates results and empowers you to a vessel for positive change
- Create your own detailed and personalized Business Development Plan to launch or re-launch your coaching practice!
- Complete the prerequisite training that will qualify you to advance to the CaPP Institute’s Certified Personal and Executive Coach program, which begins in January 2017, and take your coaching to an even higher level over six months of live training that you can attend virtually from anywhere in the world.
- Experience the power of coaching as you have your own “aha’s” and breakthroughs as you are coached by your peers who are learning along with you at CTI.
- Connect with an amazing group of like-minded professionals who share your passion for coaching, learning, excellence and serving the world.
At CTI, we give you the structure and tools to facilitate powerful shifts and transformation, whether you are a full-time coach, leader, manager, psychologist or counselor, educator, consultant or a professional seeking a new skill set.
COACH TRAINING INTENSIVE FAQS:
We have developed the program to focus on the needs of professional coaches, business owners, psychologists/counselors, corporate managers and other leaders. The Coach Training Intensive will equip you with the skills to effectively coach clients, team members, staff, and others as they navigate through challenges and opportunities.
Here's who we've designed the Coach Training Intensive for:
- Aspiring coaches who want to be trained in proven methods for highly effective coaching
- Human Resource professionals and business leaders interested in incorporating the pioneering field of positive psychology into their management practices
- Established coaches who are looking to build upon their existing knowledge and add to their coaching skills at an advanced level
- Personal and executive coaches (that includes life coaches)
- Consultants, managers, and others interested in learning powerful coaching skills
- Psychologists, counselors, and other helping professionals who want to incorporate coaching into their practice.
- Lay counselors and ministry leaders who want to create a coaching culture and use coaching skills to affect personal growth.
- Those who want to become a Certified Personal and Executive Coach through the CaPP Institute™'s advanced six month training program; the Coach Training Intensive is a pre-requisite.
"It was absolutely awesome. Whether you want to become a coach or just enhance your life. You'll develop skills that will help you build your business and your life."
- Tanya Morrison, Esq., Executive Coach and Attorney
Our numerous graduates who hail from the U.S., Canada, Europe, Africa, and the Caribbean, rave about the Coach Training Intensives. But, like any successful organization, we believe it is important to consistently find new ways to enhance our services to meet your needs. We have enhanced our pioneering coach training weekend by adding new material and additional insights to the program! This is a coach training program like no other. No other program combines the three key elements (coach training, research, and business development) to your success as a coach into one powerful training program the way we do. You will learn:
- Critical, advanced coaching skills quickly and effectively
- The latest, relevant research in the pioneering academic field of applied positive psychology
- Key business development skills to ensure you land every opportunity to be a highly effective and profitable coach!
Coaching is an emerging profession that has the power to help people transform their personal and professional lives. At the CaPP Institute, we believe that the best coaches, whether in sports, business or life, possess key skills and insights that enable them to help their clients, team members, and others more consistently achieve their objectives. This coach training weekend is aimed at equipping established and aspiring coaches with the educational and foundational tools to be exceptionally effective coaches, whether in your own practice or in a corporate setting as you lead and develop your team. Are you ready to take your coaching skills to the next level? Do you want to be effective every single time you coach? Do you value evidence-based training that is rooted in research and tried-and-true methods? Do you want to understand the specific techniques that will accelerate a client's progress and your bottom line? If so, don't miss this event! You will walk away with a certificate in personal development coaching and the core skills necessary to excel at helping others grow and achieve success in both work and life.
Attendees will learn the following:
- A proprietary coaching method that empowers you to confidently conduct truly powerful coaching sessions every time
- How to incorporate basic positive psychology-based principles into your coaching practice to enhance well-being and optimize client performance
- Strategies to market your coaching practice effectively and profitably
- How to attract and sustain a steady client base
"I've been through a coach training [program] already and it was exciting to be here this weekend because it will help me take my coaching to a higher level. I enjoyed every moment of it."
Many coaches are unable to consistently help clients generate tangible results and achieve their goals, or have not maximized their efforts to attract clients. In either case, Coach Training Intensive is for you. You will learn powerful core skills that will enable you to establish a stronger foundation on which to coach at a higher level. The curriculum teaches critical, key techniques in an accelerated learning environment.
You can transform your existing skills in a dramatic way in just one weekend. Program founder, Valorie Burton, says:
"Through accelerated teaching of a small number of core skills combined with live demonstrations of the techniques and immediately putting your newfound skills to work, you are able to learn techniques that you can use right away to transform your coaching. That is why I am passionate about this program. I have developed a proprietary program that will help you immediately, so that you can advance your career, goals and business now."
"My weekend at the Coach Training Intensive was awesome! This was my second time coming and I would still come back."
- Mary Jane Tabler CEO, Thomas Scott Salons
The course will be led by a team of experienced coaches and facilitators handpicked by founder and director of the CaPP Institute, Valorie Burton. She is also the author of ten books on personal development. Valorie earned a master's degree in applied positive psychology from the University of Pennsylvania. She has successfully coached hundreds of individuals in nearly every state and ten foreign countries.
Yes. The International Coach Federation has approved the Coach Training Intensive for CCEs. Those attending the two day training will receive 16 CCE units. Those attending the third day will receive six CCE units for a total of 22 hours. Upon completion of the training, participants will receive the necessary documentation to receive credit.
- 22 hours of in-person coach-specific training (16 hours if you choose the two-day option)
- Proprietary training materials to assist you in learning key skills and building your practice
- A hand-selected, positive psychology-based book to help you build a foundation of evidence-based techniques for your professional coaching
- Downloadable coaching forms and tools to use immediately upon graduation from the training
- Certificate in personal development coaching
Plus, you'll receive valuable bonuses like:
- Coach Referral listing ($160 value!)
- Samples and resources for your business
Market Value for the 3-Day course:
Actual Cost of the 3-Day Course: $1,395
Early Bird Price (10% discount): $1,255.50!
Register early, earn the discount and guarantee your seat in this limited-space course! (Note: We anticipate the cost will increase in 2017, so for the best value, register now.)
The Coach Training Intensive includes the 2-day training and a bonus 3rd day that we call the Business Development Day. It is for those who want to grow highly profitable coaching businesses.
Register and pay in full by September 12th to receive 10% OFF plus a FREE signed book from Valorie!
Click here for early bird discounts and register today!
Market Value for the 2-Day course:
Actual Cost of the 2-Day Course: $1,095
Early Bird Price (10% discount): $985.50!
Register early and guarantee your seat in this limited-space course!
Coach Training Intensive includes the 2-day training without the bonus 3rd day Business Development Day for those who want to grow highly profitable businesses.
Register and pay in full by September 12th to receive 10% OFF plus a FREE signed book from Valorie!
Click here for early bird discounts and register today!
To spread out your payments and better accommodate your budget, you can pay in installments. Early bird rates do not apply to the installment plan. Your first payment must be made on the day you register. Subsequent payments in equal amounts will be charged to your credit or debit card on the 5th of each month, beginning the first month following your initial payment. You may choose the installment plan in our online store.
Yes. All checks must be received no later than Monday, October 3, 2016, at our administrative address below:
Billing and Payments
200 Westpark Dr.
Peachtree City, GA 30269
Installment payments may not be made by check, but must be made by credit or debit card online at www.valorieburton.com or by phone at (800) 980-8208 ext. 88.
We understand that sometimes plans change. Because this is a limited-size training course, your registration reserves your space in the class. Therefore, cancellation of your registration may prevent others from registering because a spot is being held in good faith for you. If you cancel by Thursday, September 8th, 2016 (30 days prior to the event), you will receive a full refund less a $100 administrative cancellation fee. Cancellations after September 8th, 2016 may transfer the registration to another person or apply their registration fee towards products and group coaching.
If you have to cancel your registration for the Certified Personal and Executive Coaching Program, the following terms apply:
Payments in FULL
- If you cancel 30 days prior to the Orientation date, you will receive a full refund less a $200 administrative fee for payments made in full.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of the Orientation date will receive a refund of total amount paid made in less the deposit ($500).
- If you cancel after the Orientation date, you may transfer the registration to the next certification program date. You may also receive a credit towards products that will equal the total amount paid less the deposit ($500). The credit will be good for one full year after the initial registration date.
- If you cancel 30 days prior to the Orientation date, you will receive a full refund of your deposit less a $200 administrative fee.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made after the Orientation date for the payment plan option.
Yes, we have negotiated a special rate for participants of $135 per night. Begin your day with a free made-to-order breakfast. Sit down to one of their famous omelets, or pick up a light snack if you’re in a hurry. Grab a Starbucks from the hotel gift shop. Savor expertly cooked thick-cut steaks and delicious desserts at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. Mingle with other aspiring coaches and enjoy a range of complimentary snacks and drinks at the Evening Reception. Also available is complimentary internet access at the 24-hour BusinessLink™ Business Center.
You can book your hotel room by using this special reservation link, or calling toll free 1-404-261-7733. Ask for The CaPP Institute™ Group.
The Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute is a division of Inspire, Inc., the personal development company founded by Valorie Burton in 2001. The CaPP Institute™ provides research-based training and development services that enable optimal functioning in life and work. In addition to coach training, the CaPP Institute™ provides highly-tailored corporate training programs and tools to enhance resilience, productivity, work-life harmony, coaching and communication within organizations.
+ What if I am interested in the Certified Personal and Executive Program offered by the CaPP Institute™?
- What if I am interested in the Certified Personal and Executive Program offered by the CaPP Institute™?
Many of our Coach Training Intensive (CTI) participants opt for advance training through our CPEC program, a six-month program taught via live online webinars and teleclasses. The CTI is the first step to our certification process and you can save by registering for CPEC at the same time you register for CTI through our special discount bundle, "CTI Plus." For detailed information about the CPEC program, click here.
If you have additional questions, email email@example.com or call (404) 592-5262 ext. 88.